Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Summertime in the Burg

Wow. I can't believe what I sloth I am at keeping this blog up to date. I just seem to be flat out terrible at it. Time has flown by so quickly with everything we're doing.

The semester ended without much excitement. Jennie was sent on tour with Symphonietta, a small strings orchestra, up through the north-western states. Over the two weeks (which seemed a lifetime in the eyes of two newlyweds) she performed in Idaho, Montana, Washington, and Oregon. Most of the tour time was spent on the bus driving to the next destination. They'd pull off somewhere for lunch, take a tour of some boring museum, get back on the bus and drive to the performance venue. After performing each night, she'd meet their host family, go home with them, call me and then go to sleep. It doesn't get much better than that, eh?

Meanwhile, I was stuck at home. At the beginning of April, as I went into the housing office to renew our contract, I was informed that we wouldn't be allowed to because the school had decided to change its policy on married couples living in singles housing complexes. GOO!!! We were being forced out of our huge apartment that we got such a great deal on. So, while Jennie was on tour, I was responsible for moving our apartments. Luckily, on the same day we found out about us being kicked out, we found a much nicer, better place for about the same amount. But, let me tell you, moving apartments is no cakewalk.

Almost immediately after Jennie got home from tour, we set out on a trip back to Wisconsin for a wedding open house. I realize that we got married 4 1/2 months before, but it was the only time we could do it. We absolutely loved being back on Jennie's old stomping grounds, and my parents even flew out for the occasion. The Open House was on my birthday, which was supposed to go unnoticed by the guests, but somebody (my parents) squealed to somebody from Jennie's ward, and they then announced that it was my birthday and sang to me. I'll admit, I liked it.

Back on the home front, we're just trying to get through life one day at a time, struggling just like any other college students would. But, really, we wouldn't trade one moment of it. We keep growing closer in love and appreciation for each other, and that's the way it's supposed to be. There are so many things in this life to look forward to, and that's what we do. We are very much looking forward to the opportunity to become parents and start our little family. We expect it won't be long now before we have news of that nature.

No comments: